SPARK NOTES : MYUNGKYUNG KANG


1. Love

I have always loved since I was 14.

All you need is love. 


2. Parents

People I respect the most. 

While my mom already owns her own business, she never stops to learn. She has attended colleges and graduate schools for several times with different majors even until now. She is a charismatic, diligent, and accomplished career woman. 

My father is genial, thoughtful and friendly. I still wrestle with him. He loves to cook and read. Most of all, he still loves my mother sooooooo much. (Maybe that is why I want to marry as early as I can, but I think it'll be hard to find a good one as my father. )



(photo I took of them in Tokyo)

3. Photography

I love taking photos, especially the photos of people.


Polynesian Cultural Center, Hawaii (2017)


Polynesian Cultural Center, Hawaii (2017)


Pub Street, Cambodia (2017)












Tokyo, Japan (2017)


4. Caffeine and Blueberry

When I was young, I decided not to drink coffee because caffeine would hamper the growth. (yes, the height) That made me become sensitive to caffeine, I guess. After then, I do not drink any coffee or energy drinks. 

Instead of drinking coffee, I decided to drink a blueberry smoothie or blueberry ade or blueberry juice because blueberry helps improving vision. It soon became my favorite beverage. 


5. Cleaning

I love to clean and I cannot stand the mess. I especially love to clean toilets and shower booth. I also like to take out the garbage. I usually clean most of the garbages made after having BBQ as well.

My homeroom teacher in middle school loved to clean as well. We used to have a cleaning day once a semester. We poured tons of water on the floors and cleaned everything. We used toothbrush and toothpaste to make sure every single stain on the floor is gone. Maybe that was the beginning of my cleaning-addict. 



6. Edward Hopper

My favorite painter. 




7. Violin


I've played the violin since I was 5. If I hadn't met that super super strict and horrifying teacher, I would have not stopped practicing it and might have majored in it. Still, I love playing the violin and joined school orchestra as a second concertmaster. 



(Second from the left)

8. Tears

I cry a lot especially when I watch movies so many of my friends don't want to watch touching movies with me. 

9. Atopic Dermatitis

Nightmare. I suffered a lot when I was young. My elementary graduation photo explains it. 

10. City life and Countryside life

I enjoy both of them.

11. Sleeping

I'm an expert at hearing the alarms. 

12. Charisma

Many people say that I'm charismatic and look like a tiger. 

13. Large-Scale

I like something big. That's probably why my final goal is to become a city planner rather than an architect.

14. Scent

I'm extremely sensitive to scents. I love pleasing fragrances. I already have about ten perfumes. But my favorite scent is someone's  살냄새. (body scents that each person has) 

15. Busan

16. Night Dream

I often dream when I fall asleep. Whenever I decide to dream about someone, I can meet him or her in my dream. Last week, after I read 'The Kite Runner', I dreamed myself flying a beautiful kite. 

When I was in elementary school, I dreamed a series of dreams. At first, it was short and the story was continued as I dreamed the dream again and again. The story was that I found an illegal factory that exploited kids. (Kids were working in chains and spiders were everywhere.) I tried to save them. Gangsters followed me and I ran away from them. I ran through a traditional market and always passed by 족발집(trotter restaurant). I fought against over ten gangsters. When I ran into a chicken restaurant(the one that looked exactly same with my uncle's restaurant) and hided there, the owner (an old woman) seized me and tortured me with needles. Van arrived and strippers started to dance around me. It was not always bad ending. Sometimes, I won. This dream was a nightmare. The escape always happened at dark night and I wanted to wake up. I still vividly remember the dream. 

+) I think it reflected my interests in social issues. Back then, I did newspaper scraps every week. It helped to improve my writing skills and logic but I knew the gloomy side of our society too early. This is why I stopped dreaming of becoming a journalist - I was pretty sure that I would be unhappy if I knew all the miserable reality. 

17. Spicy Food

Buldak! 

18. Adobe

I love Adobe so I pay them a lot.

19. Politics

Very interested in South Korea's political issues. 

20. Cook-Blood flows in veins

All of my grandmother's six siblings cook. They are from Jeolla Do. My grandfather was a baker who studied in Japan. My father cooks well and I think it flows in my vein too. 

My birthday present for my father

21. 사주 (Saju, Fate)

I believe in 사주, a type of Korean fortunetelling based on the time and date you are born in. Two weeks ago, I visited Mr. Kim Jung Hwan who can read Saju. 

-Some of the Results-
1. My spine might not be good.
2. I should not eat sour food. It's already too much in my saju.
3. I have some 도화살 (dowhasal) so there are always many boys around me. The good thing is that I won't be scandalized about that and will have a happy married life starting at the age of 31.  
4. I am stubborn.
5. There are many trees in my saju, so I need someone who has enough fire to burn me. 
6. My life changes when I'm 21. 
7. I have no interest in studying. 
8. I have to become someone screened on TV, then I'll be greatly successful. This is because my saju attracts people and I can succeed with words. 
9. I am good at physical activities.
10. In summary, my saju is really good and I am a beautiful blooming flower. (His word that I liked the most)

22. Glasses

I've lost five glasses in 3 years. Now I'm wearing the cheapest glasses. It only costs ten dollars. 

23. Breakfast

Until I was 16, I never skipped breakfast. After I came to KMLA, however, I rarely had breakfast. Starting from this semester, I began to have breakfast every day. I feel healthy.

24. SNS

Heavy SNS user.

25. Founding a school.

My ultimate goal.

26. Auditory Sense

I have sensitive auditory sense. Otolaryngologist told me that my eardrums vibrate more sensitively than others. 

27. No Sushi, No Sandwich

28. Nail Clippers 

Whenever I feel depressed, bored and lethargic, I cut my toenails.

29. Romanticist 

What a Wonderful World!

30. Travel

I love to travel abroad. 
First overseas trip: Tokyo(2004)

Tokyo(2017), Singapore(2014), Osaka, Fukuoka, Hawaii(2017), Guam(2015), Sydney, Hong Kong,Macau, Beijing, Qingdao(2013), Shenyang(2016),Italy, Paris, Northern Ireland, London, Netherlands, Germany, Brussel, Bali, Cambodia, Thailand, Vancouver, New York, Fukuoka, 

but before I leave for college, I want to travel around my country. 


댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물